Saturday, March 17, 2007

Why...

Why is it that as Christians we are willing to send missionaries overseas and celebrate when they are martyred or imprisoned or what-have-you for carrying their cross to the completion, yet we are unwilling to face the injustice here?

Furthermore, why am I so unwilling most of the time?

Why do we continue to focus on wealth at the expense of the poor when holy wise men and women have been speaking out against it for thousands of years?

Why is reality tv so popular? Whose reality is it anyway...

Why do we take the short term solutions that end up [explicative]ing us in the end?

Why do we accept the lies the media and our government tell us?

Why does everyone seem to find peace so impractical?

Why does my university claim to live out the ideals of the Jesuits and social justice act so much like a business?

Why do we have to fight so hard for the right thing?

Why do I have to have so many questions?

Why do we care more about celebrities dying and acting out above the thousands who have died in Darfur and Iraq and everywhere else that we don't hear about?

Why do corporations see "labor" as another cost of production, not the lives of people.

Why do so many people complain about the government or about the USA or anything else yet refuse to do anything about it.

Why the [explicative] don't people vote, unless it's for american idol?

Why is the Kingdom of God so hard to see?

How do I express these things in my heart that I have words for?

I have my voice, but not the will to make my own song, I can write, but I don't have the passion to keep me burning, I can speak, but it always seems like a whisper, I can act, but it all seems so small, I can see the pain in other's eyes, but what then can I do?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Come, Lord Jesus Come

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home