Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Why settle?

First off, I admit the main reason I'm writing this is because someone I know blogged about it. I think it's a good idea for myself. It's been easy for my brain and/or heart and/or various organs to become attracted to a girl, even though they are in one way or another someone I shouldn't simply settle for.

I wouldn't say that there is one particular girl out there who is my soul mate. Regardless, there are people who would fit better into how God has made me. I will always submit to the fact that God might not have me marry, but I don't think the single life is something God has gifted me with. Whatever the case, I know there are certain things that God would want for me in a relationship.

Without further qualification, here are the things that I perceive to be qualities I shouldn't settle on and/or those that I know would help me greatly:

Someone that...

Has a desire to love God more than me, and helps to push me to that.

Says that they love me, appreciate me, and will otherwise encourage me, because I know I need it.

Will hug me and cuddle with me and wrestle with me and just be with me

Will (gently) tell me when I need to do something, or should do something better

Has a good network of friends and is comfortable with mine

Helps me with my indecisiveness

Lets me be alone sometimes, but also knows when I'm doing it to much

Accepts me as I am, and helps me believe that the ways I have messed up are not who I am now, and through the Blood of Jesus I am pure

Isn't afraid to tell me no, and isn't afraid to hear it

Wants to pray with me, and read the Bible with me, and read books with me

Wants to get outside and camp and hike and bike with me

Believes in living simply

Listens to God

Has a heart for seeing people of God united

Wants to cook with me

Reminds me how much God loves me

Helps me to remember God in the good times and the bad times, because its always about God

Accepts that I'm not much of a morning person

Laughs with me, cries with me, sings with me and is silent with me

Likes that I don't watch TV, and will make sure I'm spending less time on the computer

Accepts that I'm not the most organized person, but doesn't let me stay too disorganized

Stops when I tell them something hurts me

Pushes me Spiritually, Physically, Intellectually, Socially, etc...

Wants to discuss controversial things, and can agree to disagree with me

Accepts that I believe Chivalry isn't dead, and reminds me when I act like it is

Lord, I need your patience. Without being focused on you, it's too easy to settle for less, when what you would have for me is so much greater. I pray especially that some of these things that I know I need help with are things that won't be an issue by the time you bring someone into my life, that there are less of my burdens for them to help carry. I don't want to ever stop seeking to become the person you have designed me to be. And that if you do call me to marriage, that I can be the best example of you that I can be to her, and to whatever children I might have. I pray that I can pour on them the love that you have given me, and I pray that I can realize that love here and now. I pray also that my mind will not be consumed with waiting, but as I release these things to you, that I can look to you, for you alone are worth it, no matter what this life might bring.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home