Friday, August 25, 2006

My Goals for the Semester

Goals for Fall 2006

Fitness: Bike more than the >5 minutes it takes to get to school, and the 15 minutes it will take me to get to small group and church. The recommended amount is 7 hours a week. It's my goal to reach at least 3 ½ hours a week. This also includes trying to do some basic exercises such as crunches and push ups to help with the areas that biking doesn't directly impact.

Nutrition: It is also my goal to continue eating better by buying plenty of fruits and vegetables to balance out the stuff like brats and mac and cheese that I enjoy eating. I also want to continue to make an effort to cook instead of eating out. This could be enhanced by learning some recipes that I could prepare in advance and would only take a little while to cook.

Academics: Begin work on all my papers at least a week in advance, and make reading materials etc. a priority over my computer.

Computer: Limit the time I spend on my computer for games, IMing, Blogging,MySpace, Movies, etc. (also including console games) to 2 hours a day. I plan on printing out a calendar and posting it near my computer and logging my hours.

Spiritually: Continue going to a small group, because I know I need the support of other people. I also desire to find 3 guys who I can consider mentors to help hold me accountable to these goals. I plan on spending at least 30 minutes a day with God, whether it be reading scripture, a “spiritual” book, praying, meditating, lectio divina, etc. Ideally, I would like to spend some time in the morning and also at night. I also want to try to have at least one “spiritual” discussion with my friends each month.

Cleanliness: I intend to get a bookcase in order to organize all of my book, in order to maximize my space. I also will continue to sort my papers, recycling as much as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home