Friday, June 02, 2006

~yawn~

I wanted to post something to show that I'm still alive and kicking. I would love to describe how things are going at my placement and stuff like that but I don't have enough stamina for that.

I've been really tired lately. I have determined that it is partly due to not being used to much schedule (ideally, I should be going to bed at like 9-10, but I rarely get to bed before 11/11:30) and partly that I think I'm fighting off a cold or some other sort of sickness.

It was really bad last night and today. Yesterday we did a very informative walk around Downtown Denver with some homeless peoples. This meant walking around outside for the better part of 4 hours, after having been up at 6 and working from 7-12. When we had the meal at a soup kitchen at the end I was thinking that I have not been so grateful for a meal in a long, long time... I hope I can remain mindful of that as I continue on in my daily life.

Once we got home, I pretty much crashed. I slinked off to my room and curled up in the bed for awhile and messed around with my PDA, but I soon feel asleep. It was only my friend calling at around 10:00 that got me up and brushing my teeth and actually properly going to bed (I didn't talk to him until today). I know I was really out because somebody else called about 45 mins later and I don't recall it at all.

It wasn't a very restful sleep unfortunately. I remember waking up at least at 3:00, and I believe one other time that I don't remember (I drank a lot of liquids that day, what can I say??). I woke up at about 5:35, about 10 minutes before I would normally start the process of getting up for my placement, instead of taking the opportunity to just get up and get ready, I curled back up, and it took me until about 6:22 to decide that calling work and saying I would be late would be a good idea. With that done I curled back up and waited to wake up on my own.

I woke back up again a little after 8, and I mostly rested in bed until a little after 9 when I finally summoned enough willpower to get up and get ready. I got to work a little after 10, and they were very grateful that I made it. I guess there weren't that many volunteers to cover the gaps today. I stayed till a little after 4 because of the soup kitchen, and I was going to meet up with some housemates who were going to a bicycle collective over off of 10th and Lipan, but they were crowded so I stopped when I got to the Auraria campus. Fortunately, my mom was there checking out the bookstore there so I met up with her.

From there, I was able to take care of some needed stuff (or at least partly... I forgot my pin number for one of my banks so they locked me out once I finally got it, so I didn't get to make my deposit. Grr. Fortunately I don't need the money in there right away. That's what I get for them assigning me a pin instead of me getting to pick it? Hopefully I will remember it after this... I don't really need it for anything besides deposits anyway (and needing a pin to make a deposit seems kinda stupid anyway, but it is understandable since no other person is involved).

With that done I decided to come down and spend the night at my parents. I was going to come down to this area tomorrow anyway so it was convenient enough to take the opportunity instead of dealing with the bus or whatever tomorrow.

My only main regret is that I haven't been able to spend much time with my housemates since my schedule is so different from anybody else, and despite my night owl nature, I have to get to bed early whether I like it or not. I just need to make sure to set some time aside while I can. It's hard enough that I'm going to be gone for a week because of my trip. Of course, as far as I can tell my direct roomate hasn't been spending the night at the house. There have been some posters in the same position for a few days now. I assume he has been with his girlfriend. Of course, my coordinator does the same thing most nights. That's their call though.

So here I am. I had a nice chat with my mom. Soon it is bed time though. My body clock is saying that I need to be in bed and I'm not one to fight it. I would like to enjoy my sleep as much as possible.

Thar yah go. Not really any substance, but still a healthy part of a normal diet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home