Saturday, November 26, 2005

Okay so life is interesting...

Alright... This is where I admit that God is in control and has a much better idea of what all is going on than I do.

This is also where I admit that staying silent like I threatened to do is not always the best way to act.

I was hurt and scared when I was writing that. I was giving into the part of me that says to take the easy way... to hide feelings, not speak up and be assertive... give up and give in. It's not the way to live... not the way I want to live. But it is easy to do.

What brings this change you ask? Well... my friend... after much thought... has decided that she shouldn't keep herself from dating, even though she still is thinking about becoming a nun. Like I said to her while we were talking a bit ago... dating more than anything will probably make it clear if becoming a nun is what God wants for her.

Of course, this isn't going to be easy or anything. We haven't begun to talk about if this is something that we actually want to try to go through with.

Primarily, both of us are very concerned about our friendship. It is something that neither of us want to lose.

There have been plenty of relationships in which the two people are able to separate and still be friends, with both agreeing that the relationship was not meant to be. However, there are equally as many which have not ended so peacefully, whether from one of the two still wanting the relationship to continue, or because things blew up and neither could stand each other any longer.

That above all other things is probably the thing we need to weigh most. Can we successfully date with the potential of being just friends if things don't work out? How do we need to act around each other if it is going to be a possibility?

I think ultimately it is just a risk we are going to have to take... Trusting that God has our best in mind, and that if we follow him most of all, that he will keep us and our relationship safe. There is no way that we can pull off anything, one way or another, without him in the relationship.

There are other things to consider of course. Like I have mentioned before, for now, neither of us have a car, so we would be relying on family and friends, which isn't always that good for a dating relationship... hehe. Even if we did have car's, we are both far away and are pretty busy with school and work stuff (although, I admit, she does work more than I do, but she needs to do that for school).

And also, there is the whole Catholic vs. Protestant thing we got going on.

So yeah, we have a lot of talking to do. I'm still shocked she wants this. I was speechless for awhile. I know God is in control of this... Somehow things will work out, and I know it will be for the best.

I will be sure to keep everyone posted!

-Daniel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home