Tuesday, January 18, 2005

One day down...

Well, my first day of classes is coming to an end.

It went pretty well for the most part. There was a little bit of an error for my food account, but that was partly my fault b/c I didn't know that I had to re-apply for the particular meal plan that I'm on every semester. But I got that taken care of today so hopefully everything will be resolved tomorrow.

My first two classes went well. I already have homework in my classes, but thats not so bad. I am in 400 level classes after all. The group that I help with for work starts tomorrow. We are going to be discussing non-violence with a teacher who is teaching a class on it this semester. I had him for a different class last semester, and he is a really great guy.

I said I would tell more about my break, so I think I might as well do that tonight. The main thing that we did as a family was go down to New Mexico for a few days over Christmas. We mainly went down to go to Canyon Road on Christmas Eve. It's a really awesome event. It is a road that is filled will art galleries and things like that, and it gets filled up completely with luminaries and bonfires. We got to walk up and down it and enjoy the sights.

The next day, we decided to go to the Christmas Mass at the Santa Fe Cathedral to see what it was like. It was different from what I have experienced here on campus, and certainly differen't than the church I attend (well, I'm not Catholic, so that probably is the main reason). But it was still really nice. They had just re-installed the stained glass windows, so it really was beautiful.

After that, we headed down towards Albequerque and ended up having Christmas dinner with some friends of ours that live down there. It was really unexpected, but we had a great time. The last two days were mostly spent hanging around Olde Town Albequerque and then up to Taos on the way back. We also decided to stop at a place called Ojo Caliente (Hot Springs) which is pretty much a little spa resort. The prices were... well, what do you expect from a spa. The buildings looked like they needed a revamp though.

So that was the main hilight of my break. I got to do a lot of other things that I hadn't done much of over the school year, such as visit a number of my friends, shop, and generally relax. I left my computer in my dorm room, in hopes that I would end up spending less time on the computer and online.... HA... didn't really work that well. I just ended up taking of my mothers computer when I was at home... and when I was with my friends the main things we would do would be things like computer games.... oh well, thats my life for you.

That reminds me. There is a cartoon which really illustrates my life for the most part... Just look at the next post to see it.

Anyway, like I said, that was the main thing that I did over my break. Thats about all I have to say for the moment. Maybe I will add more to this if I feel like it later.

Daniel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home