Tuesday, July 27, 2004

"What about the change, what about the difference?"

Today turned out to be more interesting than I thought it would be.

I finished my second day of work... 8 hours, and pretty much went right home for a quick dinner and headed over to the monthly KIT (Keep in Touch) that the Bible study I help out at during the school year does to keep people a little involved during the summer (www.littletonteencbs.org) .

It began normally, just talking with a few of the people I knew and having some ice-cream. We sang some worship songs, which was nice, since I hadn't really had the opportunity for awhile. Well, we sing at church, but not the songs I sang tonight. I was expecting the speaker for the night to be good as usual, but I came away desiring a stronger walk with God.

I feel proud of myself in a way. I got a computer game in the mail, which I have been pretty anxious to play for about a week. But I decided to not even get on my computer tonight, but instead sit down and read the Bible for awhile and pray. This is really remarkable to me. Usually one of the first things I would do when I come home would be to get on my computer, but I didn't for awhile tonight.

Of course, part of why I decided to wait on installing my game is because I have work tomorrow, and I know it would be easy for me to get lost in the game and not be awake tomorrow which would be bad. But even then, even if I wasn't going to play my game, I didn't get on my computer. That is impressive enough in itself.

It felt good to read the Bible too. God definetly gave me a few little revelations as I read. Those little aha moments when I get something new out of something I have probably read a few times before. It actually seems strange to be here typing this out on my computer. I actually feel somewhat anxious about getting off, if only to spend a little more time with God before I fall asleep.

I still have the little temptations to stay on the computer, to talk to my friends, listen to music... do any of the many various things I do on my computer. But right now they don't seem that interesting.

With that in mind, I think I'm going to end here for now.

Goodnight

~ Daniel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home